These days, many IT professionals are asked to do more with less money, and increasing the efficiency of your virtual host resources may be the only answer in lean budgetary times. Luckily, there are numerous ways to squeeze more VMs into an existing infrastructure.
With that, here are 10 ways extend and expand virtual host resources on the cheap.
To see all the detail and my take in the article HERE.
1. Get lean
2. Shut down VMs
3. Forego hardware replacement
4. Extend support contracts and recycle hardware
5. Enforce usage policies
6. Adopt a new hypervisor vendor
7. Add memory
8. Use existing features
9. Switch Virtual Hard Disk type
10. Upgrade to the latest hypervisor version